If, you feel, the number, frequency, and severity, of hate crimes, we witness, today, is extremely, concerning, you are, in, good – company, because, many of us, feel, the same way! If, we hope to see a greater nation, we must, sooner, rather than later, stop the HATRED, both, in the nearer – term, and in the longer – run! In recent days, the degree of polarization, racial/ ethnic hatred, and the tendency to blame others, for every one of our national ills/ problems/ challenges/ obstacles, is clear, and present danger! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, review, examine, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, why this matters, and should concern us.
1. Humane; healing; head/ heart; hear: Shouldn’t public officials, prioritize, healing, and bringing – us, together, for the greater good, instead of, emphasizing their political perspectives, and perceived – advantages? If, these individuals, were, humane, they would use, both, their emotional, as well as logical components, in a head/ heart balance, and, not only, hear, what’s going – on, but, truly, listen, effectively!
2. Attitude; aptitude; attention; articulate: Public leaders must possess, a true, positive, can – do, attitude, as well as, a well – developed, relevant, aptitude, and skill – set! They must be willing to pay, keen attention, to the bigger – picture, and the needs, goals, priorities, and perceptions, of all constituents, instead of their core supporters!
3. Trust/ truth; timely; time – tested; trends: It takes, someone, who tells the truth, to earn the trust, of the rest, of us! We must seek, individuals, who have learned from, time – tested, wisdom/ expertise, experiences, and, well – considered, timely action. However, the right person, must proceed, with an open – mind, and investigate trends, to consider, whether one (or, more), might make a difference, for the better!
4. Relevant; realistic; reasoning/ rationale: Unless/ until, someone’s reasoning, and rationale, emphasizes, relevant, and realistic considerations, he is probably, unfit – to – lead! How can anyone, bring people together, if he urges, an adversarial/ oppositional, philosophy, instead of a common sense, emphasis on a true, meeting – of – the – minds?
5. Empathy; emphasis; excellence; endurance; energize; earn trust: We need leaders, who do, all they can, to earn our trust, by the quality of their character, and caliber, of their actions! To achieve this, we must elect individuals, with genuine empathy, and who, place their emphasis, accordingly. They must demand their utmost degree of personal excellence, and avoid, being satisfied, with, either, populist politics, the same – old, same – old, or, good – enough! This is challenging, because, many are tempted to take a path, of least resistance, instead, of, proceeding, with the degree of endurance, and commitment, which, generally, energizes others, towards the common good!
6. Delve deeply; discover; deliver: It’s important, for our representatives, to take the time, etc, to delve deeply, and discover, the best course, forward! Then, that person, must proceed, and deliver (under – promise, and over – deliver)!
America can, no longer, accept the HATRED, we, too – often, witness, and experience! Let’s truly, make this nation, greater, and better, by our deeds, and priorities, instead of rhetoric, vitriol, and political manipulations!
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked on political campaigns, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: http://plan2lead.net and LIKE the Facebook page for common sense: http://facebook.com/commonsense4all
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Richard_Brody/492539
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/10475500